Sunday, August 09, 2009

Dannii Minogue opens up about X-Factor


Dannii Minogue has revealed that she asked for better treatment for 6th series of X Factor. Read the digitalspy.co.uk report below ~

Dannii Minogue has admitted that she demanded fairer treatment before signing up for The X Factor this year.

The Australian popstar agreed in June to return for the forthcoming sixth series following months of speculation over her future with the programme.

Minogue has now revealed that she considered quitting the ITV1 talent show as she reflected on the events of series five, which saw her reduced to tears live on air following an argument with fellow judge Louis Walsh.

Speaking to The Independent, she explained: "I'm not made of steel. It got heated on and off set, and there's only so many times I can be pushed around.

"It got to the point where I had to defend my character. I'm sure the audience were eating it up, but it's different when you're actually in that seat. It was absolutely horrible. I would never want to go through that again, or see anyone else go through it. But it's what you sign up for."

She added: "This year there's a really good vibe between us. Last year it was clear to everyone that I wasn't having fun, and I made it very clear that if it was going to be anything like that again, then I didn't want to go there."

Minogue's comments come following reports that she is developing a close friendship with Walsh and Cheryl Cole on set this year.

The X Factor returns to ITV1 on August 22.

No comments: