Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Michael Jackson's thoughts on his 50 date tour...


NME.com has reported the following news about Michael Jackson's thoughts on his upcoming 50 date residency at the O2...

Michael Jackson has hit out at his London O2 Arena gig bookers, saying he believed he only signed up to play 10 shows - not the 50 he is scheduled for - at the venue.

Speaking to fans outside the Los Angeles dance studio where he's rehearsing for the gigs, the singer admitted that he might not be physically well enough to complete all 50 shows, reports The Sun.

"I don't know how I'm going to do 50 shows," he said of the gigs, which kick off in July. "I'm not a big eater - I need to put some weight on."

The star then laid into the gig promoters, saying he only wanted to play ten shows at the O2 Arena.

"I'm really angry with them booking me up to do 50 shows," he said. "I only wanted to do ten, and take the tour around the world to other cities, not 50 in one place.

"I went to bed knowing I sold 10 dates, and woke up to the news I was booked to do 50."

Randy Phillips, head of promoters AEG, who organised the gigs, refuted Jackson's claim that he was not originally fully aware of the length of the residency.

"This is not true," he said in a statement. "The size and scale of this show would not be possible without an extended run which Michael has been fully on board with from the very beginning."

No comments: