Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Rihanna's "Umbrella" meant for Britney?


It has been revealed that Rihanna's smash hit single "Umbrella" (which 'reigned' on the UK Singles Chart for 10 weeks) was originally meant for Britney Spears! I can't imagine Britney singing on Rihanna's signature track but it would of been cool to hear Britney's version!
Here's the article...

Rhianna’s number one smash hit song, ‘Umbrella,’ was originally written for Britney Spears, according to reports.

The revelation has emerged after the song’s creator, American music producer Tricky Stewart, told another one of his artists that Britney Spears never got back to him about the track, reports WENN.

Singer and songwriter Taio Cruz revealed: "I was working with Tricky in his studio the day he finished Umbrella. As soon as I heard it I said, 'That is a smash, I have to have it,' but he told me it was on hold for Britney.”

What do you think of this news?

No comments: